Regulating energy consumption and building temperatures can be challenging. But with facade modeling services, energy conservation is no longer out of reach. Using ventilated facades that cover the exterior of new construction or renovated buildings, building owners experience vast benefits such as thermal insulation and expansion, waterproofing and sound insulation.
What Is A Ventilated Facade
A ventilated facade is an external cladding system that acts as a ventilation, drainage and thermal energy efficiency solution. Often designed with an efficient double chamber that leaves space for air to flow and flow control device, this sustainable solution can be applied in both new construction as well as renovations due to its simplicity.
The facade is the main constructive element for a building and can determine its overall energy consumption. As a major determinant of a building’s performance, energy efficiency and interior comfort, the design and execution of the facade is critical.
Saving Energy with A Ventilated Facade
Acting as a buffer that creates a chimney-like effect, a ventilated facade significantly saves energy in buildings and becomes an added-value advantage for many architects.
Here are several benefits:
- Ventilated air cavities enhance thermoregulation and help to maximize commercial energy efficiency. Reducing air conditioning and heating consumption by approximately 30%, maximum savings are achieved during the coldest and hottest times of the year.
- Ventilated facades can be made of state-of-the-art porcelain or technical ceramic making it a functional solution for many geographical locations.
- A ventilated facade enhances acoustic performance by reducing noise by up to 20%.
- The ventilated facade offers protection against rainwater, offering the highest level of waterproofing.
- Hiding the building’s electrical, plumbing or gas installations, the ventilated facade acts as an effective camouflage, while still allowing access to the units.
- Because it’s relatively simple to install, lightweight and low maintenance, if a piece ever gets damaged or requires a replacement, the system is easy to repair.
- With many formats, designs and colors available, it’s an aesthetically pleasing option for many different applications.
KMB Facade Modeling Services
With ever-expanding set of technological tools, the KMB facade modeling team has vast experience with projects of varying complexity including industrial, commercial, retail, corporate buildings and more. We have extensive capabilities and skill base in facade modeling services which allow us to cater to a wide base of clientele including building owners, architects and developers throughout the design and construction phases of a project.
As a full-service engineering provider licensed in the United States and Europe, KMB Design Group engineers work seamlessly with clients to find the most cost-effective, energy-efficient solution for their structure. Offering performance-oriented, practical and cost-effective solutions, KMB provided full structural engineering services for the installation of a vented facade system on the Loussac Public Library in Anchorage, Alaska.
Contact us to learn more about facade modeling services available for your specific building and location.