Commercial tenant fit-outs require a vast amount of planning. It’s imperative to carefully choose an MEP engineering firm prior to making any permanent decisions. To be efficient and successful, mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing crews must all collaborate to ensure a seamless integration.
MEP Engineering Factors to Consider for a Tenant Fit-Out
As one of the best MEP engineering firms in the nation, KMB has extensive experience in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, structural, energy and LEED consulting services. Whether for new construction or renovation, project leaders must take into account design, construction and scheduling considerations before any work can begin.
Factors to consider for a commercial tenant fit-out
- Design & Demolition– During the design phase, MEP engineering firms will begin the process of providing test fits, budgeting and scheduling. Before any work begins, the space must be prepped for demolition.
- Permitting– Assuming a permit is required for your fit-out, the MEP firm will help you navigate the process as efficiently as possible.
- Construction- With your MEP engineering firm on board, designs finalized and permit in-hand the physical construction process can begin. Depending on the scope of your project, timeline and budget, this process can vary greatly, but may include:
- Plumbing- Verify plumbing sizes, valve locations, capacity, inverts and equipment locations, including water heaters, sanitary piping and water pumps.
- Ductwork- Verify existing ductwork, including location, sizes and elevations.
- Hydronic Systems– Determine existing valve locations, pipe sizes and locations, inverts, etc.
- HVAC- Consider existing HVAC equipment sizes, conditions, location, capacity and thermostat locations. Are the HVAC systems shared with other tenants in the building? All of this information must be coordinated with plumbing equipment, electrical raceways, wiring, etc.
Find The MEP Engineering Firms for Your Tenant Fit-Out Project
KMB is one of the top MEP engineering firms in the United States, with extensive experience in all phases of commercial site development, tenant fit-outs, renovations and system upgrades. Our comprehensive services include MEP engineering, sustainable building design, energy engineering as well as LEED consulting for a wide spectrum of industries such as mixed use and retail, grocery, hospitality, corporate, industrial, and institutional.
As a full-service engineering solutions firm licensed in the United States and Europe, our strategic partnerships and extensive industry experience help to ensure each client’s project is completed on-time and on-budget. We take a systematic approach to develop comprehensive solutions for commercial building designs to transform your concept to reality.
- What is Driving the Demand for Sustainable Electrical Engineering Services?
- 6 Fundamental Sustainable Building Design Principles
For more information on how KMB MEP engineering firm can help you with your next project, please contact us today. We look forward to working together in the future.