KMB Design Group provides utility coordination services for a variety of industries. We have experience communicating with the necessary utility providers to ensure your project is completed successfully with strict timelines and budgets in mind.
KMB Utility Coordination Services
As a full-service engineering firm, KMB Design Group’s Electrical Utility Coordination service works with the local electric provider to provide, coordinate and install an utility company approved electric service to the Carrier.
The KMB Utility Coordination Engineers deliver responsive solutions for clients that include the following:
- Submission of the Carriers’ utility company application to the provider. This includes setting up the clients account and submitting the proposed electrical load information to enable the utility provider to determine service adequacy.
- Meet onsite, if required, with the utility company representative to review the proposed work and determine the scope of work.
- Work with the Carriers’ approved electricians to install the new service
- Coordinate with the electrician and / or the Carrier to obtain the electric service permit.
- Follow-up with the utility company and approved electrician for inspection and meter set
KMB Telco Coordination
KMB Design Group’s Telco Coordination Service works with the local fiber provider to coordinate and install the components required to bring fiber service to the Carrier.
The KMB Telco Coordination Engineers deliver responsive solutions that include the following:
- Work with the Carriers’ Telco Coordinator to schedule the telco walk with fiber providers representative and package the telco providers scope of work via red lines and photos to the Carriers’ approved electrician.
- Coordinate with the Carriers’ approved electrician to install the components to make the site “Telco Ready.”
- Coordinate with the electrician and / or the Carrier to obtain electric
- Submit the closeout documentation to the fiber provider, showing site as telco ready, so they may schedule the fiber installation.
KMB Natural Gas Coordination Services
KMB Design Group’s Natural Gas Coordination service works with the local natural gas provider to provide, coordinate and install a utility company approved gas service to the Carrier’s generator.
The KMB Utility Natural Gas Coordination Engineers deliver responsive solutions for clients that include the following:
- Submission of the Carriers’ natural gas company application to the provider. This includes setting up the clients account and submitting the proposed building gas load information to enable the utility provider to determine service adequacy.
- Meet onsite, if required, with the natural gas company representative to review the proposed work and determine the scope of work.
- Coordinate with the plumbers and / or the Carrier to obtain the plumbing permit.
- Work with the Carriers’ approved plumbers to install the new gas service
- Follow-up with the natural gas company and approved plumber for inspection and gas meter installation
- Coordinate with generator company for start up
Central Contact for Utility Coordination Efforts
KMB has invested heavily in technology and innovative approaches to deliver practical, cost-effective solutions for today’s rapidly evolving and complex utility environment. Our vast utility coordination service offerings, diverse client base and national reach enables us to effectively coordinate multi-utility projects within state and local governments, transportation and institutions.
Delays related to utility coordination conflicts can cause a project to derail, resulting in costly overruns. At KMB, we facilitate full turnkey utility coordination services to deliver a seamless solution. Serving as the central contact for all utility coordination efforts, our professional telecom engineers manage projects from conception through construction and have experience navigating obstacles and resolving utility conflicts that lead to significant project savings.
Our Utility Coordination Services include:
- BP Coordination
- Utility Planning and Estimates
- Project Design, Redesign and Specifications
- Site Management
- Overseeing Execution of Contractual Obligations
- Construction and Relocation
Regardless of the project scope, this seamless coordination and communication allows us to minimize risks that are associated with working with multiple companies.
Questions About Utility Coordination?
When you need a comprehensive engineering solution, KMB Design Group takes the guesswork out of your utility coordination challenges. Our proven approach has been used successfully on utility meter installations for four national telecommunication firms as well as local municipality projects.
Allow KMB to help you:
- Decrease delays and costs associated with utility coordination
- Improve safety and minimize risks
- Provide effective redesigns for existing utilities
- Reduce the risk of service disruptions
- Meet aggressive project schedules
- Achieve an innovative solution with a timely delivery
With a strong focus on collaboration and communication throughout the entire process, our clients receive end-to-end services that reduce costs, shorten project timelines and adhere to pertinent regulations and specifications.
Consult with one of our engineers about utility coordination services today.