In an effort to help business owners finance energy efficiency, commercial renewable energy projects and water conservation upgrades for their property, the Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) program offers a unique solution. PACE is a way that organizations, such as small businesses, hospitals, shopping malls, government and industrial properties, can find financial assistance so they can still reap the benefits of making commercial renewable energy upgrades, such as going solar.
What is PACE?
Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) is a voluntary program for business owners to receive financing from the government to cover 100% of the up-front costs for any qualified renewable energy improvements. Long-term repayment plans of up to 20 years with an assessment added to the property’s tax bill make these bigger renewable energy projects immediately cash flow positive and increase a building’s value right away. That means there are increased dollars that can be spent on other capital projects, budgetary expenses, or business expansion.
If the building is sold before the PACE assessment is paid off, it seamlessly transfers to the new owner as part of the taxes. The savings from the energy project transfer to the new owner too.
Eligibility for Commercial Renewable Energy PACE Financing
PACE is a simple and effective way to pay for new, efficient HVAC systems, lighting improvements, solar panels, water pumps, roofing, motors and insulation. Almost any building is eligible for financing, including offices, hotels, shopping centers, industrial, agriculture, multi-family, restaurants and other retail properties.
Since eligibility varies by state and municipality, PACE Nation recommends for those interested to contact refer to their list of eligible properties and improvements.
Grow Your Bottom Line and Increase Your Building’s Value with Commercial Renewable Energy Upgrades
Commercial renewable energy and sustainable design upgrades are not only beneficial to your bottom line, but also to the community and environment, too. At KMB, we uniquely tailor our energy engineering strategies to match each client’s goals. We help you understand where you are today to achieve your goals of tomorrow. And in conjunction with your organization’s goals, our commercial renewable energy engineering staff will help you achieve cost savings, energy efficiency, carbon reduction and risk mitigation.
We offer the following renewable energy services for commercial clients:
- Analysis & Recommendations that detail the proposed path forward including a needs assessment, historical energy use, and a detail survey.
- Engineering Solutions such as lighting retro-fits, HVAC improvements, backup generation, energy control systems, combined heat and power generation, demand response.
- Utility Procurement Solutions that include pricing options and risk management associated with energy procurement from independent suppliers.
- Renewable Energy services including PV engineering and solar design.
- Construction and project management services that reduce your overall costs, shorten construction cycles, and allow KMB to maintain a high level of quality throughout the entire process.
- Monitoring Services that establish a baseline of energy consumption and include ongoing monitoring services to validate the benefits of the engineered solutions.
- Engineering Modeling Services to assist the project team in accurately evaluating energy reduction strategies for your organization.
KMB’s nationwide presence allows us to meet the growing demands businesses face in order to meet energy resource needs. Contact us today at 855-755-6234 to learn more about PACE or to move forward on your next commercial renewable energy project.