Deciding whether or not you should invest in renewable energy technologies for your business can be challenging and overwhelming.
Solar design and solar energy technology have proven their efficiency; the benefits for your business and the environment are numerous. Here are just five ways that solar energy technology can benefit your business.
5 WAYS SOLAR ENERGY TECHNOLOGY BENEFITS YOUR BUSINESS
- Lower electricity bills – Once your photovoltaic (PV) system is installed, it immediately reduces the amount of energy you pull from the grid. By choosing solar design and installation to power your business, you will get to immediately experience the benefits of lower monthly bills. These savings coupled with State and/or Federal financial programs can offset your capital costs in several years, allowing you to put more of your profits back into your business. Many business owners aren’t aware that the same incentives that help owners pay for solar power on their homes are also available for small businesses.
- Protection against rising utility costs– Solar power is a productive and efficient source of renewable energy. You will be in control of your own energy production and free from wildly increasing energy rates, allowing you to plan your budget more effectively. This cost savings could mean the opportunity to purchase new equipment, upgrade your facility, hire new employees, offer new benefits and more!
- Return on investment– A solar power system adds directly to the value of your property, without increasing your property taxes. Investing in solar power generates both long-term savings and quick payback: the cost of a solar installation can usually be recovered within 4-7 years, depending on how much energy you use. See how the tax credits for installing a solar power system can increase your returns with this online estimator.
- Decrease carbon footprint – Solar power systems derive clean, pure energy from the sun. When your business implements solar, you help to combat global warming and reduce our collective dependence on fossil fuel. Even if your business is not environmental by nature, your company will be valued by savvy clients who put a premium on sustainable and environmentally friendly business practices, allowing you to capture this growing clientele. More and more businesses every year have decided to go solar because it not only makes financial sense but also makes sense for the environment. It makes a powerful statement to your customers and employees that your company cares about the future of the earth for future generations.
- Added credibility for business – Nothing says progressive and responsible like a roof or field covered with solar panels. No matter how long you have been in business, your solar panels will bring visibility and high interest in your services and products.
Not all solar is created equal though, so it’s important to make your business investment count. By investing in solar energy technology, you will see an immediate return on your capital investment.
KMB is a leading consulting firm providing photovoltaic design & structural engineering services. Contact us today to find out how to put energy into your projects today!