Solar energy’s rapid growth in America is evident at an astounding 418% from 2010-2014 according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. Savvy companies are moving towards solar panel installation because it’s cost effective and helps our environment. Simply put, solar continues to shine across the United States with clean, reliable and affordable electricity.
A few key stats:
• Corporate solar users in America have more than doubled their solar capacity over the last two years. And according to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), “Top 30 Retail” list, the combined green power usage of organizations (including Kohl’s Department Stores, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., Staples, Starbucks, Sprint, Ahold USA, and Best Buy) amounts to nearly 4.3 billion kilowatt-hours of green power annually, which is equivalent to avoiding the carbon dioxide emissions from the electricity use of more than 405,000 average American homes each year.
• The U.S. solar industry is nearing 16 GW of installed capacity. The U.S. installed 1,133 megawatts (MW) of solar photovoltaics (PV) in the second quarter of 2014 to total 15.9 gigawatts (GW) installed capacity, enough to power 3.2 million homes. SEIA and GTM Research forecast that PV installations will reach 6.5 GW in 2014, up 36 percent over 2013 and more than three times the market size over just three years ago.
• Through the first half of 2014, more than a half-million homeowners and commercial customers have installed solar PV.
Solar Is a Smart Investment for Shopping Mall Rooftops
Investing in a photovoltaic (PV) solar panel installation on the roof can be the single best investment that a shopping mall owner will ever make.
1. For many companies, electricity costs represent the single largest operating expense. Solar allows companies to lock in fixed energy prices for decades.
2. Installing solar power on shopping mall rooftops provides building owners with a competitive edge compared to their competition and provides positive PR publicity.
3. Utility electricity rate hikes continue to rise. With rate increases of an average of 6% a year, installing solar power on shopping mall rooftops can offer protection against these electricity rate hikes.
4. Selling green electricity for a profit allows shopping mall owners to profit and improve their monthly cash flow.
5. Solar produces zero air pollution. Going solar allows shopping mall owners to reduce their carbon footprint and “go green”.
Solar allows businesses of all sizes and in a range of industries to lower their energy expenditures, improve their bottom line and gain a competitive advantage. With the solar industry booming in the United States, big box retailers of shopping malls are covering their roofs with solar and so should you. Interested in receiving a quote for a commercial solar power array for your shopping mall rooftop? Contact us today at 855-75-KMBDG (855-755-6234).
KMB Design Group is at the forefront of the escalating solar industry, and is considered a leading consulting firm in the renewable energy field providing photovoltaic design and engineering services. Our Solar engineers will give you full analysis and let you know how much energy can be drawn with considerations such as location, obstructions and orientations. We will also provide you with the best designs that will give you maximum output. Licensed in 49 states, we have the ability to work nationally without limitations.