We are seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Designer to enhance our MEP Engineering division. Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the detailed design & production of Mechanical/HVAC systems for building renovations and new building construction.
- Perform initial site visits to accurately assess and document existing Mechanical/HVAC equipment & systems for renovation projects (strong experience with central plant systems)
- Ability to perform the following tasks 100% independently:
- Design & drafting of Mechanical/HVAC construction documents using AutoCAD (experience with BIM/Revit is not mandatory, but a major plus)
- Sizing & selection of Mechanical/HVAC equipment, with strong experience in central plant systems (chillers, hot water & steam boilers, cooling towers, heat exchangers, air handling units, fan coil units, VAV systems, BMS/controls, etc.
- Sizing & layout of Mechanical/HVAC airside & hydronic distribution systems, with strong experience in central plant distribution systems (pumps, chilled water, condenser water, heating hot water, steam, etc.)
- Computerized HVAC load calculations (e.g. Carrier HAP – experience in Energy Modeling is not mandatory, but a major plus)
- Experience with large-scale cannabis grow facilities a major plus
- Experience with CHP (Combined Heat & Power) equipment & distribution systems a major plus
- Ability to work within established budgets
- Ability to interact and coordinate with external Clients, Architects, etc.
- Ability to interact and coordinate with internal team members across the various trades (Electrical, Plumbing, etc.)
- Heavy design and production capabilities, fast-paced & accurate
If you’re interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com