We are currently seeking a highly motivated Junior Solar Designer. This position is based out of our Wall, NJ office.
- Under the direction of the Senior Engineer, actively participates in many phases of electrical systems design for photovoltaic projects, including, but not limited to: site investigations; CAD production; design and contract documents; basic specifications; and the construction administration process.
- Responsible for those design tasks assigned, and for quality of work in developing final construction documents from established concept designs or Design Development drawings.
- Heavy production load
- Ability to independently complete the following engineering tasks with minimal guidance:
- Design drafting of electrical construction documents using AutoCAD
- Electrical distribution design and single line preparation
- Solar photovoltaic design
- Voltage calculations and conductor / raceway sizing
- Detailed PV Syst calculations
- Utility coordination
- Code review
- Preparation of specifications
- 2-4 years’ experience in photovoltaic designs
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality construction documents working in a production and design role, achieving satisfaction from Senior staff.
- Strong AutoCAD skills and knowledge of software
- Computer proficiency, strong in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) as well as production related software (ETAP, PV Syst) and equipment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
KMB Design Group, LLC prides ourselves on our staff and business partners. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume.