We are currently seeking a highly motivated Electrical Photovoltaic Designer. This position is based out of our Wall, NJ office.
- Actively participates in many phases of photovoltaic projects, including, but not limited to: site investigations; CAD production; design and contract documents; basic specifications; and the construction administration process.
- Responsible for full project design, and for quality of work in developing final construction documents as well as concept designs or Design Development drawings.
- Participates where requested in client interface and meetings.
- Ability to work within established budgets
- Ability to independently complete the following engineering tasks:
- Solar photovoltaic design
- Detailed PV Syst calculations
- Design drafting of construction documents using AutoCAD
- Voltage calculations and conductor / raceway sizing
- Short Circuit calculations
- Electrical distribution design and single line preparation
- Medium voltage design and specifications
- Fault current and short circuit analysis using ETAP
- Utility coordination
- Code review
- Preparation of specifications
- Minimum 7 years industry experience with a BS in Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality construction documents working in a production and design role, achieving satisfaction from senior staff
- Strong AutoCAD skills and knowledge of software
- Computer proficiency, strong in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) as well as production related software (ETAP, PV Syst) and equipment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
KMB Design Group, LLC prides ourselves on our staff and business partners. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume.