- Ability to travel to multiple sites to document existing conditions of electrical distributions in various types of facilities. The two most common type of facilities are multi-family dwellings and high-rise commercial in the NY/NJ area
- Ability to assess building electrical distribution systems with a high level of accuracy and confidence based on visual observation only. This includes identifying equipment functions, ratings, etc. from the service entrance to the branch circuit level.
- Ability to take neat and accurate field notes, sketches and single lines for use in preparing construction documents.
- Ability to make design decisions based on specific job requirements and prepare a complete design package. This includes the ability to:
- Size overcurrent protective devices and conductors, feeders, branch circuits
- Perform voltage drop calculations
- Identify efficient conduit routings that minimally impact existing conditions.
- Identify existing/potential code violations and propose solutions.
- Perform multiple site visits in a single day at various facilities.
Post Site Visit:
- Proficiency is required in the following areas of post site visit work
- Scanning field notes and sketches and preparing a site visit report — MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe
- Uploading, sorting and renaming/resizing digital photos — Navigating a Windows based network operating system
- Email status reports, time sheet entry, design review — MS Outlook, Deltek Vision
- Maintaining an organized queue of ongoing projects while working on new projects.
- 5+ years experience in the commercial electrical construction field working as a Journeyman or higher.
- Up to date working knowledge of the 2014 National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Electrical Contractor’s License preferred
- Proficiency navigating a MS Windows based network operating system
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn proprietary database software
- AutoCAD experience a plus but not required
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation for traveling to/from various sites in NY/NJ
- Ability to travel to multiple sites in the NY/NY region on short (<24hrs) notice
KMB Design Group, LLC prides ourselves on our staff and business partners. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume.